Education changes lives. Our curriculum is deliberately ambitious for our pupils and our community. It is designed to give all pupils, particularly the most disadvantaged, the knowledge, skills, attributes, values and cultural capital they need to succeed in life.
Our vision is for young people who:
- have the essential knowledge they need to be educated citizens
- continue to develop the values, knowledge, competencies and attributes that will enable them to enjoy learning, achieve personal excellence, relate well to others and live safe, full, healthy and satisfying lives
- appreciate and can contribute to human creativity and achievement and public service
- will play a full and active part in society, with the skills and knowledge to explore issues critically, weigh up evidence, debate and make reasoned arguments
The values of our school community inform and guide everything that we do.
Of these values, Integrity is the greatest. Integrity means being honest and doing the right thing by consistently adhering to our wider set of values:
- Excellence through constant improvement and constant change
- Innovation, Inquiry and Curiosity
- Mutual respect
- Diversity and Equity
- Ecological sustainability
- Democracy, the rule of law and individual liberty
The Role of the Curriculum
Our curriculum, alongside our ethos, also acts as the vehicle for the development of the values, attributes, skills and behaviours that our pupils will need to be successful learners, confident individuals and responsible citizens.
The Parkside Community School curriculum follows the national curriculum in England. It provides pupils with an introduction to the essential knowledge that they need to be educated citizens. It introduces pupils to the best that has been thought and said; and helps engender an appreciation of human creativity and achievement.
For detailed information on the Parkside Community School Curriculum, please click here.